Friday, April 02, 2021

Friday, April 2, 2021 – Good Friday

The Lord’s Prayer – Together

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
 on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
 as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
 but deliver us from the evil one. - Matthew 6:9-13


I have been participating in the continuous prayer vigil since the beginning. At first every week, but I must admit as the weather got better not nearly as frequently. I was apprehensive at first; 15 minutes seemed like a long time, but later I was easily able to pray for 30 minutes and would often be surprised when my alarm went off. Yes – those that know me know I would be the type to set an alarm. I pray silently.

Early on during the pandemic, when we were virtual, I would say the Lords Prayer out loud when the time came. It felt a little uncomfortable since I am a silent prayer, but I did it. I was happy when we could worship in the Garden and pray together, and during that time when there was a rainy Sunday I would pray out loud at home. Then, finally, we got to go back inside. When it came time to pray the Lord’s Prayer together it was awesome. I’m not sure how many people were in the sanctuary that first Sunday, maybe 60, but the sound of us saying the words together echoing thought the sanctuary... it brought tears to my eyes.

Ever since we have been forced back online, when Mike and I pray our lone voices in our house make me sad. It reminds me that we are meant to be together. Praying together in our beautiful church where our voices blend together and fill the room. So, for the last several weeks I pray silently.

As I write this, I believe I only have one more Sunday before I can pray the prayer Jesus taught us with my eyes closed and my heart full in our sanctuary, hearing all your voices with mine. So if you happen to see a tear on my cheek for the first few Sundays, know it Is a tear of joy.

Prayer: Lord, bless all those that are unable to worship in person during this Lent. May they know they are missed and loved.

Cathy Lorenz

No comments: