Monday, April 02, 2012

April 2, 2012

Time Marches On

Read: UMH #128

Here it is again – February, 2012. Unbelievable how quickly time marches on. Another year in the journey of life, as we know it here on earth, and ultimately in Heaven..

It is not unlike us to set goals for ourselves. I remember being excited as a little child, then an adolescent, then a young bride waiting anxiously for an event or something I really wanted or a goal not quite reached.

Then as I grew older…mother of 3 children, then grandmother of 11, working on my career, doing volunteer work, etc. etc there never seemed to be enough time. Time was passing by faster and faster. Along the journey, there were many goals made and accomplished, some not quite finished and some just started.

But the one constant goal I have had since October 28, 1961 is to celebrate Maynard’s and my 50th wedding anniversary. And that we did!!! At first 50 years seemed like such a long time away, but now it seems like yesterday.

As I reflect through this journey, I firmly believe that this also was God’s plan and without his guidance, my journey and this goal, for various reasons, may not have come to fruition. Thank God for all he gives us!!

Karen Leigh

No comments: