Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday - April 6, 2012

This Man Called Jesus

Who is this man called Jesus
that everyone is talking about?
They’re buzzing here and buzzing there.
What’s it all about?

They said He turned water into wine,
a girl He raised from the dead.
A man now sees that once was blind,
The hungry ones are fed.

I heard He visited the Temple
and you could hear Him shout.
He became angry at their sins.
Please, tell me – what’s it all about?

He gathers all the little ones,
someone said the other day,
and tells them beautiful stories –
they say it’s about “The Way.”

Oh dear God, I see Him
coming down the street,
carrying such a huge cross,
tripping over His weary feet.

There is a wreath upon His head
and deep pain in His eyes,
everyone yelling and screaming
which seem to be all lies.

Why are they nailing His hands
and feet to that old cross?
Tell me what is going on,
that we should suffer such a loss.

Above the cross there is a sign
that reads “King of the Jews.”
He looks so good, pure and kind,
these people must be fools.

I talked to those that stood about
and asked them “oh, just why
a man like Jesus seems so good,
why did He have to die?”

Then I heard someone whisper,
tears streaming down his face,
“This man is the Son of God
who saves you by His grace.”

The Earth shook, skies grew dark
(they said the veil did rent)
we heard Him give up the ghost,
a centurion said, “This man was sent.”

Someone please talk to me,
there’s anguish in my soul.
I haven’t slept or eaten,
His face I shall behold.

I walked along a garden,
a man was standing there,
I cried out to him –
“Kind sir! It just wasn’t fair!”

He said “My child do not weep,
I know you hurt inside.
For I am ‘The Man Called Jesus’
in whom you shall abide.”

All of a sudden I could see
like shades falling from my eyes.
Here was the King of Kings
Who died for you and I.

Rejoice, rejoice, you angels
from the heavens far above!
Thank you, our dear Father
for the One you sent, with love.

Gladys Catinella (Connie Frock’s sister)

No comments: