Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 27, 2015

God Will Provide
Read: Psalm 91

If you make the Most High you dwelling -
even the lord, who is my refuge -
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91:9-12 NIV

Does this comforting scripture say that if we trust in God no evil will come to us? Obviously not, because evil, harm, sickness, disaster all come to 'good people' as well as to 'bad people.' We see examples of this every day. We live in a world gone bad, and God does not save us from all discomfort.

This is because we have been given free will to choose to follow God's will or not. Therefore our situation is a result of our choices, and the choices of our neighbors, and the choices of our ancestors, and the choices made throughout the ages since man fell from grace in the Garden of Eden.

Does this scripture say that if we trust in God, we will be safe from harm? I believe it does. It tells me that if I believe and pray, God will provide me the strength and resources to confront any situation. It tells me that God will provide friends to comfort and support me. It tells me that some good, or strength will result from my trials.

So far you have faced no trial beyond what man can bear.
God keeps faith, and He will not allow you to be tested
above your powers, but when the test comes He will at the
same time provide a way out, by enabling you to sustain it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NEB

Ched Fine

No comments: