Thursday, February 23, 2023

February 23, 2023

Fruit Happens

Read: John 15:1-11

Sometimes I catch myself working really hard to do what I “know” God wants me to do. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s not the way it really works – fruit comes from the vine, not just from the branch.

The fruit comes when we let Him produce it in our lives – through our living – not when we try to make it happen ourselves.

As the song goes:
I know that my ability
Is not Your main concern
It's my availability
And willingness to learn
    - Bob Hartman

Right – it’s not my ability, it’s my availability. I have to let Christ live and work in me and through me; then I’ll find that Fruit Happens:
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control (as another song goes!).

Lord, may we all bear much fruit in our lives to Your glory and the healing of the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Charlie van Becelaere

No comments: