Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10, 2009 - Good Friday

What’s so Good about Good Friday?

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8 NIV

Since starting my job over three years ago, I have made it a habit to take Good Friday off. I find it helpful to remember the sacrifice Christ made for each of us and how his death and resurrection bridged the gap between God and Man. One year my coworker, when confronted with my upcoming absence, asked " What is so good about Good Friday?"

After being taken aback by his simple question, I explained to him who I believed Christ was and what his death and resurrection meant to us as Christians. It was a challenge and a blessing to explain how the day of Christ's crucifixion was a "good" day.

However, that day proved to be a good because God had given me a wonderful opportunity to share my faith. I hope that I will looking anxiously for more ways to share the goodness of God in my life with others.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, Help us to see your leading and to have the boldness to share your message of love and salvation with those around us. Amen.

Jennifer Jambekar (from March 29, 2002)

No comments: