Saturday, April 04, 2009

April 4, 2009

Gratitude

Read: Psalm 100

As you all can’t help but know, my husband and I are now, finally, grandparents. If you’ve never been there, I may loose you in this, but stay with me! Those of you who are already grandparents will concur that there is nothing like the bond you feel for a grandchild. This is especially true for us as grandparents after all the difficulty that our daughter and her husband had in producing this child.

So it is with extremely grateful hearts that we continue to enjoy this precious child. But at the same time, I am reminded of why I came to this church as a young mother after not having attended church for several years. I remember being overjoyed at the birth of both my children but especially at the birth my second child since I was getting older by then and could not believe my good fortune in having a second child.

I did not return to church with a sense of obligation or out of fear but out of an overwhelming sense of gratitude. And I continue to thank God everyday for my continuing blessings.

Vivian Anderson

No comments: