Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Life Is Complicated

Or is it?

I asked that question because I know it is. Life is complicated.

For me, my “go-to” – once I recognized it for the power it truly is – is simple. It was there all along. Life had grown around it; ballooning into so much to do, too much to handle, too big to be seen anymore, “normalized” if you will. It’s funny how once we “normalize” things they sort of disappear and fade away.

It’s pretty much a guarantee that for three brief moments on Sunday during worship we will stop what we’re busying ourselves with, (conversation, iPhones, whatever) stand up and all be together in unison. Everybody is called to do the same thing – regardless of where you are in life, what you do, children and adults, your profession, your stature, your age, your ability – no judgment – everyone is tasked with the same simple assignment – sing. Yes, It’s that simple. UMH #127, UMH #196 and UMH #334. Ah! We know what those references refer to. The Hymnal – that often-overlooked resource sitting right in front of us in the pews. Sometimes taken for granted or “normalized.” Those prayers set to music . . . those moments of community with all of us standing and singing out in church or even at home, the quiet solitude of playing them alone at the piano or just opening the Hymnal and reading the text – these are my best “go-to” moments.

Sometimes it’s just this simple (UMH #191)

Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so . . .
Jesus loves me this I know as he loved so long ago . . .
Jesus loves me still today walking with me on my way
Wanting as a friend to give light and love to all who live!
Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me . . .

Thanks be to God – Amen!

Bill Kremer

No comments: