Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April 4, 2006

You Need a List


Read 1 Thessalonians 1:1-3

Last year there was a devotional in The Upper Room written by a woman whose best friend of many years was moving across the country. The woman who was leaving asked her friend to, "“pray for me every day when you make your bed".

If you want daily prayers from me, that may not be the request you should make. But if you'’re on my prayer list, you have them.

A few years ago there was a devotional in our GPUMC Lenten Devotionals about having a prayer list and using it daily while standing in line, picking up kids, expecting a phone call, waiting for an appointment, etc.

I've always prayed, often giving thanks for our blessings and praying for family, friends and others in need. But I realized I didn'’t have a LIST. So I made one. I have it on my nightstand and in my purse. I use it when I get out of bed (not when I make the bed) and when I'’m waiting for whatever. I add to it and subtract as needs change. It is a good reminder of special prayer needs and thanks to be given.

Thought for the day;
If you need a grocery list, you need a prayer list.

Shirley Van Becelaere

No comments: