Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013 – Ash Wednesday

Procrastination Pays Off

Read Psalm 133

Today in worship service Charlie made one of his many treks up to the lectern to appeal to our church family to write something for the annual Lenten Devotion Book. Immediately the guilt settled in because every year I say I’m not going to wait until the last minute to write a devotion and every year I am writing it just days before the deadline.

This year my procrastination may have worked in my favor because he offered that we could look back on the church website and see writings from prior years. I took him up on that and re-read may of the devotions written by others over the last several years. But more importantly I re-read my own. One of them was about getting involved at GPUMC and the blessings I had received from doing that.

Four years ago I was appointed president of the CPA firm that I work at and am a part owner in. That was the beginning of the end for me and getting involved. It was the beginning of getting involved in every nook and cranny of the business but because that was so time consuming it was the end of me getting involved in anything else. As I was reading the devotion I had written I reflected back on coffee hour the last few months and realized that I was losing that connection that makes GPUMC such a great church to be a part of; and why you say! Because I am not really very involved! I used to be but not so much anymore. Reading that devotion made me realize that I need to be because I miss the blessings being a real part of our wonderful church family brings.

So for once my procrastination paid off.

Prayer: Lord thank you for my church family.

Cathy Lorenz

No comments: