Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013

I needed my back row today!!



I guess I need to explain. I took the semester off of choir at GPUMC. My back row is not what you all see while we are up there singing our anthem each week. The entire group is a family that we can always turn to in our time of need and in good times.

I am feeling a lot of loss in the last few months. I know my daughter Lindsey is graduating from GP South, and most likely playing soccer at Hope College. I am treasuring each second with her and her friends, making lunch when I can and waiting up till all hours of the night for them to return safely.

My father in law is in hospice and took a turn for the worst last Friday. They came to our house on Friday to celebrate Moms 88th birthday, I knew things were bad when he ate little, and felt sick (he can eat like crazy; but he did have a healthy piece of ice cream cake!!) See this man has been my DAD for the last 26 years. He taught me to dance before my wedding (the traditional polka) and was like Marie on Everyone Loves Raymond trying to get into the delivery room when Mitch and Lindsey were born. They were our saviors when we needed a date night and took such good care of our kids, at OUR beck and call! He made the loveliest wooden toys for the kids that will be passed down to generations of Makos children.

Then there was the news of Ron and JeriLynn’s accident. I am scared for them, and I am praying hard for them. Ron is such a wonderful and entertaining guy, and a friend since high school. JeriLynn is his heart and soul. I hurt for them and for the teen that was texting before he hit them. (We all need to learn NOW to put the phone down!!!) I know that the church family will be there for them.

God said to keep a memorial rock for the beautiful things he has given us;

Let us find our rocks and be thankful for all the glory he has given;
Thank you, God, for my wonderful Husband and Children Mitchell and Lindsey.
Thank you for My Mother and Father in Law that have served as MY parents for the last 27 years
Thank you Lord for Ron and JeriLynn; Please Bless Them and Keep them.
And Thank you Lord for My back row; AKA; My Church Family to which I can always turn to and get a Kleenex!!!

Gail Makos, January 20, 2013

No comments: