Friday, April 04, 2014

April 04, 2014

Held in Prayer


On October 2, 2013 I received a call from my doctor with news that the X-ray I had taken the day before showed several nodules in both lungs. The suggestion was to rule out metastasis. The oncologist then arranged for a complete set of CT scans of my body plus a bone scan and MRI of the brain. The next few weeks were a blur of tests and decisions to make. A port was put in my chest in preparation to start chemo therapy. I then decided to get a second opinion. The new doctor needed to see the discs and reports from all tests and procedures that had been done. His conclusion was to have a CT guided biopsy of the nodules. By the time it was scheduled six weeks had past since the scan was done.

While I was on the procedure table the doctor came in the room and said that they had a call in to the oncologist because the nodules had reduced in size by 75%. They wanted to know if he still wanted them to proceed. and he canceled the test. I am so blessed!

I had a follow up scan done January 3, 2014 and the results stated near-resolution of the nodules. Further, there are a few areas of scar-like nodularity at the site of prior nodules. Continued follow-up recommended. The lesson I have learned is to have faith in prayer. I put my life in God's hands and with the prayers from family, friends, and especially my church family I'm doing well. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Betty Geyer

No comments: