Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Love Thy Neighbor!

Read: Mark 12:31

Neily Clardy was known as Buddy. He has been my mother’s neighbor for over 40 years. However Buddy was an extended family member that used to sit on his porch when the weather would permit. No matter who pulled up to my mom’s house for a visit, Buddy would graciously greet them with a "hello," and even share with that person whether my mom was home or not. He was so reliable, that he would tell you to stay in the car when my mom wasn't there, just to save you time. I have always felt comfortable when my mom was home alone and my younger sister was not there with her because of Buddy. Because Buddy lived next door I always had a feeling of peace that my mom was being protected. Loving this neighbor was easy because he simply loved my family and everyone who he came in contact with.

On any given day my mother would take him dinner or ask us to take him a container of any dish she had made for that day. My mother took very good care of him because she knew he was elderly and he needed the help. However Buddy took care of her and the rest of us in his own kind of way. He would invite you to sit with him and he would tell some of the best stories you have ever heard. In most of his stories he delivered a message which I always loved. Believe it or not he was very knowledgeable in raising girls because he raised his very own daughter; all by himself. I have three sisters and other female cousins and aunts that would visit from time to time. Therefore if he saw something he didn't like coming from one of us he would sit us down and explain in his own way his thoughts. I believed he favored us because it was so many women in my family and like his daughter he loved the women in my family.

Buddy was called to be with God in January and he has been missed tremendously. However we still have a piece of him with us because his daughter is next door and she is also connected to my family just as her father was. Loving your neighbor can be a life-long living love if you accept the love and devotion they have for you. I find now that many individuals do not embrace relationships from neighbors for various reasons however if you do, you can see it can be very rewarding.

Qiuana Sharp

No comments: