Saturday, April 01, 2023

April 1, 2023

God’s Love and Protection

Psalm 100 v. 4: For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.


Heading to a school board meeting late one winter evening, I drove down a back country road, and since it was dark I did not see a semi-truck blocking the road ahead until I was almost upon it. I swerved right and into a shallow ditch careening along until I could steer back onto the paved road. It happened so quickly; I didn’t have time to think. It was simply instinct. Relief flooded through me – I was safe. My car was safe. I continued on to the meeting murmuring “Thank you, God. Thank you, God” over and over.

A few days later, I drove by in the daylight to see where I had actually driven. Approaching, I was stunned to see large landscape boulders all along the ditch I had driven through. It seemed impossible to think I had navigated around those rocks- yet there it was as plain as could be! I thanked God effusively that night. I was safe and unharmed. The car dealership looked at my car and except for some chunks of dirt and grass stuck to the undercarriage, it, too, was fine. How often in life are there moments like this? We live our lives unaware of His merciful protection. Why does it take a crisis or perilous experience to bring us to a level of gratitude we should feel every day? As I reflected on that night, I thought about how drawn I was to God. I pray that each day I continue to be reminded of His love and protection and that I live in gratitude for this grace.


Prayer: Thank you, Lord for the blessings you have bestowed on my life. You have provided me with more than I could have ever imagined. You have surrounded me with people who look out for me. You have given me family and friends who bless me every day with kind words and actions. Most of all, your protection keeps me safe. I praise you always. Amen.

Marcia Wright

No comments: