Tuesday, April 04, 2023

April 4, 2023

Love Conquers All

Read: Luke 23:34

Last month I received a letter from my Utah grandson asking my advice. He was dismayed and disappointed that local churches he had attended, along with elderly relatives whom he loved, displayed intolerance against. all types of people that were different from them. The relatives went so far as to denounce the tolerant family members.

My advice was. from our Savior's own words, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." Their ignorance with their narrow friendships and knowledge prevents them from seeing the truth. So I told my grandson "Forgive your elderly relatives and just continue to love them."

I also said to seek out a church that reflects your values and know that God is love and love eventually conquers all. Forgiveness may come harder to those of us who aren't divine, but we have Christ's perfect example to guide us.

Prayer: Thank you for always showing us the path to follow. Thank you for enlightenment, expanding minds and hearts to respect and accept all of God's creation. Amen.

Sarah Frakes

No comments: