Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 21, 2018

God's Work

Read: UMH #467

Many many yeas ago, Chet Huntley and David Brinkley were broadcasting (on TV) the Democrat Party annual convention. Brinkley called attention to a "Mrs. Miller" in the front row. An imposing figure – she was also a leading voice in Democrat policy. After a few words about her demeanor Brinkley asked Huntley "can you imagine Mrs. Miller telling you to do something – and not doing it?”

Thinking back on that – I asked myself, “Can you imagine God telling you to do something and not doing it?” As it turns out, I think I can! There have been a few times when I had an "urge" to do something, didn't do it and later wondered if those were things that simply came to my mind or were they directives from God. Unfortunately, I believe they were directives from God which I didn't follow.

I hope whenever another opportunity presents itself I will give serious thought to it. Even if it is not a "directive," it may very well be the appropriate thing to do. I (like the rest of us) am still "a work in progress," and as part of that progress I pray for a greater awareness of God's work!

Jack Van Becelaere

No comments: