Monday, March 21, 2022

March 21, 2022

Dear Friends

“Dear friends, let us continue to love one another,
for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is
a child of God and knows God.” – 1 John 4:7

We all believe that love is important, but love is usually thought of as a feeling. This last year I experienced love as an action and a choice. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 shows this meaning for love.

I was overwhelmed with all the get well cards I received as I recovered from back surgery. The marvelous meals that were cooked for me were wonderful in helping me heal. The love that was shown by visits, phone calls, and finished bulletin boards, helped me get through one of the most difficult times in my life.

I was reminded that God is the source of love. He loved us enough to sacrifice his son for us. We only need to look at scripture to see that Jesus shows us what it means to love. Everything Jesus did in life and death was loving.

When Jesus left the Earth, He gave us the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives us the power to love; he lives in our heart and helps us become more like Jesus. God’s love always involves a choice and an action; so should ours.

 I am so grateful for the loving church family that you are. You displayed your love with a week of meals for people in Cass Community Shelters; giving your blood and working at our blood drive; raising money for the Children’s Home; buying groceries for the needy for the food pantry; supporting with money and action Cass Community Social Services through the year and many other charities.

Prayer: Dear God make us instruments of your love in this world. Help us to show love always to everyone. May the world know we are Christian by our love. Amen

Karen Bromley

No comments: