Tuesday, March 28, 2006

March 28, 2006

YET! GOD JUST WAS NOT READY FOR ME!!

Read Matthew 9:38, John 15:13,15

Yes, for the fifth time, in my ninety-one years of LIFE – GOD was not ready for me!
On the early evening of Feb. 2nd, 2005; I had gone out back to feed my birds and squirrels – (a bit later than usual). After scattering the feeds; I CHOSE to walk all the way forward on my driveway, to look up and down my block to see what was going on. And, I was my good friend and neighbor, Jim Szlec out in his front yard cleaning up after a snow we had had. -- I turned to go in the house via my front entry walk through the court yard. (I had on my new boot-brace for my poor Left foot.)

Instead of getting my right foot, flat and true, on the entry step-platform; I “kicked the front of it” with such force, that it sent me into complete unbalance, falling and crashing with my head into the face of the square stone column to the wall there --- and, as I am falling, the jagged cutting edge of the stone step's lip; split the face of my Right leg open to the bone, in areas. --- When I came to; I was laying face down in the pachysandra greenery bed. I was in agony, and COULD NOT GET UP. Finally, I was able to roll over on my back. Then, I realized my entire right pant leg was soaked in blood, and a stream of blood was trickling down the drive!! I thought: ”Dear God, let Jim still be out front!” I screamed for him. He answered, and rushed right over.

He called the Police; who were there in less than three minutes. He got a towel and wet it in cold water, and held it hard against the wounds, until the police arrived. They knew what to do until 911 got there (which, again, was very quickly). They cut my pant leg off, got me into the ambulance, calling Bon Secours; that they were rushing in with a man bleeding to death, and to have everything ready. They gave me Blood; cleaned, closed, and sewed up the wounds --- STAT. Had Jim NOT still been outside; no one would have heard me yelling; what with storm windows in; in Kitchens cooking dinner; Televisions on; etc. It was 20 with a strong freezing wind; -- I had no heavy coat on – SO, I would have gone into hypothermia, frozen to death, AND BLED TO DEATH. ---- SO, ONCE AGAIN “GOD WAS NOT READY” FOR ME ---

BECAUSE “GOD STILL HAS WORKS HE WANTS ME TO DO!!!” --- SO, I STRIVE TO PRAY TO GOD, FOR INSTRUCTIONS, ABOUT WHO, WHERE, AND HOW HE WANTS ME “TO BE OF HELP, TO SOMEONE, WHO NEEDS HELP!!” -- THEN, I “TRY TO LISTEN, WITHIN MY SOUL, FOR THOSE INSTRUCTIONS!!!” “THEN, I TRY SO HARD, TO DESERVE HIS CARING, AND COMPASSION.”

AMEN

Robert C. Callaway

No comments: