Wednesday, March 29, 2006

March 29, 2006

My Faith

Faith is a very important aspect of my life. When I was little I don’t think I really understood why I went to church and why it means so much to so many people, but now that I’m older I see that many people turn to their faith when they are in need of help. When I was little church was just something I had to do on Sunday. It was something that took up time and made me get up early, but now I look forward to going to church and actually listening to the sermons. I try to be involved with all of our community service programs and other things we do that help other people.

I think that our world can be very troubled at times. For instance right now eleven different countries in Asia are in complete misery, so why would someone from Michigan want to help someone who lives in Sri Lanka? There are so many people all around the U.S. helping people they don’t even know. I wonder what it says to people who are the ones being helped. Most of the people over there aren’t even Christians, but what we are doing is showing them more about the Christian faith. Our faith influences the way people live and we feel like our faith calls us to do good things.

The Ten Commandments, the letters of Paul, and the example that was set by Jesus are ways that we should be living our lives and are guidelines that we should follow. If we tried to live by our faith our world would be much better.

To me God is a friend. He is there when I need him, to thank or him to pray for someone. I know I should talk to him more and that I should be thinking about him and how our relationship works more often and I think that confirmation is helping me do that. Usually talking to God is something I do in church or when I need something. I should be thanking him everyday for everything he does to make my life better.

Quinn Scillian

No comments: