Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

If a church is measured by prayers and kindness, then this house of God is, indeed, a cathedral.

Read 1 John 4:7-13

Our family has lived in a state of anxiety and concern since my husband, Bill, was diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. It was exactly one yea ago this month that happened, and our church has been my harbor, a safe haven.

Everyone is such a comfort to me.... A hug, a special smile, phone calls, cinnamon applesauce and peanut brittle, soup, a complete dinner for two, cards, prayers and messages left on our machine. All of these have made us feel loved and important. "How's Bill doing today?" When asked this question, many times you hear from me more than you need to know, but it feels like family, and I tend to vent my frustrations and hopes onto your shoulders.

I wish there were something to give to all of you in return to show our appreciation.

Bill and I thank you for all that you've shared with us. We feel very special, and we send our love back to you.

Jean and Bill Buhler


"We are most like our Lord when our thoughts for ourselves are lost in our thoughts for others. There is no greater love than that." (from John 15:13)

No comments: