Saturday, March 08, 2008

March 8, 2008

A Mother's Challenge

Read Matthew 25:35 and 28:19-20

My daughter bought me a quote-of-the-day calendar about motherhood. Although I found all the quotes to be insightful and interesting, I was particularly inspired by the quotation from Rose Kennedy, about her role as a mother:

“Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity—a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother.”

While thinking about what she said, I realized that she was also describing our roles as Christian disciples. We are called upon to spread the good news of Jesus Christ in our interactions with others. What we say or do can have a profound influence on someone’s life, and that person, in turn, can affect the lives of others in a very positive way. We should all be excited by the challenge!!

Matthew 25:35


Jan Versical

No comments: