Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March 11, 2008

Coventry Cathedral

In the ruins of the cathedral in Coventry, England – which adjoin the new cathedral, built after the original edifice had been destroyed by German bombs in World War II – are several panels of prayers. Where the altar once stood is a cross made of burnt beams of the old church, with a sign saying “Father, Forgive.” Around the rest of the former sanctuary are panels with the theme, Hallowed be Thy Name, asking God's presence in all our activities.


Hallowed be Thy Name

In Industry
God be in my hands and in my making.



In the Arts
God be in my senses and in my creating.



In the Home
God be in my heart and in my loving.



In Commerce
God be at my desk and in my trading.



In Suffering
God be in my pain and in my enduring.



In Government
God be in my plans and in my deciding.



In Education
God be in my mind and in my growing.



In Recreation
God be in my limbs and in my leisure.

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of Hosts Heaven and Earth are full of Thy glory

No comments: