Friday, March 07, 2008

March 7, 2008

Pathways

Read Psalm 119:1-3, 105

I've traveled many pathways in
The years I've spent on Earth;
Some paths have led to heartache, but
More paths have led to mirth.

Some paths were far too steep to climb.
Yet with my silent prayer,
God sent an added touch of strength
And faith to get me there.

I've flown across Pacific seas
To fair Hawaiian isles,
Then found their beauty equaled by
My children's precious smiles.

I've wandered through ripe fields of wheat
That equaled treasured gold;
I've climbed to glaciered mountain peaks,
So splendid to behold.

I've gone through valleys of despair
In shadows dark and deep,
Yet God reached down to comfort me
Whenever I would weep.

I've strolled beside a beach where whales
Cavorted happily,
Inspiring, poetry in praise
Of God's great majesty!

Yes, I have traveled far and known
Both pain and happiness,
Yet found, as I look back on life,
A fact I must confess:

No matter where the paths have led,
The best one I have trod
Was when, as just a little child...
I chose the path of God!

Berniece Hearsch (Karen Bromley's friend from Bad Axe)

No comments: