Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12, 2010

I Shall Not Want

Read Psalm 23

Growing up in the Methodist Church ever since I was a little girl, this has been my favorite passage in the Bible. As I get older, it has become even more important to me.

In the midst of challenges of life, I often use this as a mantra….repeating it over and over again. It seems to calm me and helps to remind me that the Lord is my Shepherd and I will be protected in this life and the life to come. God never gives me more than I can handle; even though there are times when I question this.

When our daughter, Jami, died almost 9 years ago, someone said to me, “When God closes a door, he opens a window.” At the time, I did not understand that this was even possible. But it is!!

There are many opportunities for each of us to do his work and to be the kind of person he would want us to be. When we are faced with challenges, we must listen to him and be pro-active as we figure out how we will get through another challenge/crisis. God helps us to be strong, but we must also help ourselves.

As I stated earlier, “The Lord is my Shepherd”…

Karen G. Leigh

No comments: