Tuesday, April 05, 2011

April 05, 2011

Wings of Mercy

O taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man that trusted in him.
Psalm 34:8

We praise God for his blessings and presence in our lives. This year our understanding of family, friend and God’s love deepened.

 On July 10th, I suffered a Red Stroke, a bleed.  Since we did not recognize it as a stroke, I did not get medical help until July 12th. According to my doctors, must people that experience a red stroke and are not treated immediately end up in a coma or dead.  I was a miracle.

 A doctor said to me, “Karen you are lucky to be alive, apparently you still have a job to do here.” That made me sit up and take notice.

My friends have asked me, “Do you know how many people were praying for you?”  I’m grateful for all those prayers.  Thank you.

When I finally became myself days after my stroke, I wanted to be assured of God’s love and presence in my life.  I asked for a Chaplain to pray with me and share God’s love with me.  I needed a prayer quilt to feel surrounded by God’s love.  Thank you for giving me one to comfort me.    

I found this meditation and it explains just how I felt.
“During those seasons when your strength seems almost gone, be assured that God is beside you, ready to sweep you up onto his mighty wings of mercy and grace.  There you find rest, comfort and healing for your broken hearts and wounded spirits.”

God when my life seems unbearably painful, I will place my hope in you.  I will forsake my own failing strength and rest on your wings of mercy.  Amen

Karen Bromley

No comments: