Friday, April 08, 2011

April 08, 2011

All We Need is Love

Read: Colossians 3:12-17

The above reading is one that Garrett and I chose for our wedding; one of the many decisions involved in the wedding process. It seemed like every time we turned around we were asked to choose this or pick one of those. There are so many things that can pull you away from the real meaning of the day.

Weddings most definitely can take on a life of their own, but by the time the actual day comes, it is truly special. I can honestly say that our wedding was the most fun I have ever had in my entire life; and it's not because I loved my flowers, or my dress, or our reception, but because I was marrying my best friend and we were surrounded by the people we love most in the world and who love us.

There is no greater feeling than to be surrounded by that much joy and happiness. Love is a very powerful gift. And as the reading goes "clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.... And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."


Katie Broom

No comments: