Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

31,556,926

Read: Revelation 5:9-14

That’s one big number. Thirty one million five hundred fifty six thousand nine hundred twenty six. It is in fact the number of seconds in one year. Holy cow that’s a lot of seconds! It kind of makes you wonder how you spend those seconds. There are a whole lot of them and there are so many different ways to use them.

When I think of that number and all those seconds, it makes me think about whether or not I used those seconds for the right things, or if I wasted them. I come home from school, get on Facebook, talk on the phone with my friends, do a little homework, and then go to bed. At the moment I don’t feel like I’m wasting any time at all but on paper it really does look like a lot wasted.

I think about how much time I’ve given to friends, or school, or family, or God. And when it comes down to it, the fewest of them would probably be family or God. It seems crazy that out of those 31,556,926 seconds the smallest amount of my time has been spent on the important things like family and God, when I should be spending the majority of my time on those things.

A couple weeks ago I went on a church retreat with a friend of mine, and the theme of the weekend was that God is worthy of our praise. They told us that true worship is not going to church two or three times a week, and it wasn’t going to this retreat for the whole weekend. And even though we spend time worshiping God in both those places, we have to realize that worship doesn’t turn on or off as an event. God is worthy of the majority of our time, the majority of those 31,556,926 seconds. “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Revelation 5:12 God is worthy of our praise. I want to spend more of my seconds on Him.

Worship is 1
Worship is 12
Worship is 52
Worship is 365
Worship is 24/7
Worship is 86,000
Worship is 31,556,926
How will you spend your seconds?

Kayla Rumpp

No comments: