Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Just Because

Read:  1 John 4:19

The first time I met and got to hold my grandson, Logan, I knew I loved him.  He’d just arrived in this world.  He didn’t talk.  He didn’t crawl.  He didn’t play with me.  He didn’t do anything.  But, I knew I loved him.  He didn’t need to do anything for my love.  He is my grandson.

Logan is a year and a half old now.  I just came back from a visit to California where he lives with my daughter, Laura, and my son-in-law, Eric.  Logan walks now.  He talks too.  And, he plays with me down on the floor.  He also will cry, throw an occasional tantrum and act “feisty” as my daughter, Laura, refers to it.  I love him anyhow.  I love him just because.

I’d like to think God loves me just the same way.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, thank you for the blessing of my grandson and for the real example of what your unconditional love is all about.  Keep your examples coming.  Amen.



Mike Bernhardt

No comments: