Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 2012

A Lot of Bliss

Read: Ruth 4:1-17

I just recently finished a new book from the Library - “Jacobson's, I Miss You So!” Quoted in this publication was a former employee who claimed they “loved Jake's so much that when the doors finally closed, I counted the number of hours I spent at the corner of St. Clair and Kercheval Avenue in the Village. The were some of the happiest hours of my life!” I, too, worked many wonderful years at the same emporium and felt the same. I still carry with me many fond memories whenever shopping in the Village.

After re-hashing the 'time' talked about in the Jacobson's story, I couldn't help but to think about the many hours I worked as a very fulfilled, happy housewife … twenty-four hours a day, times 365 days a year, times 54 years of marriage. The number reached so high that I wasn't sure that I was right. You count them for me. My answer is 473,040 hours. If that's correct, that's a lot of bliss for one person, right?

It wasn't just because of my husband and his family that I was so happy, but I include all of you, my church family, and many club friends. I pray that each of you can thank God and count your blessing every day as I do.

Happy Trails,

Jean Buhler

No comments: