Friday, March 09, 2012

March 9, 2012

Myth Busted

Read: Psalm 121

There seems to be a myth at our church that serving as an usher without socks can lead to disastrous consequences. Not so!

This particular sartorial faux pas was not related to the cardiac event! For a year or more I had known two of the three electrical paths in my heart were not working and the third was getting tired.

I knew that because of visits to the cardiologist and the electrophysiologist. I'm learning new words (cardiologist, electrophysiologist, anesthesiologist) and new procedures (Scans, MRI, EKG Electrocardiogram, echo-cardiogram), but I still don't know how people at the hospital know where they are going.

It is also not true that I staged this to draw attention away from the choir (because they were under performing). By the way - - that was not my assessment.

The prayer quilt made for me is really appreciated. I love it and have it on my half of the bed every night.

That Sunday (Nov 27) I could have been almost anywhere doing almost anything when this happened - - but I wasn't! I was at church surrounded by doctors and nurses and other care givers and a most loving church family. The one place that day where I could get instant and qualified help.

It is obvious I was being watched over by more than doctors and nurses.

Some of those “ways, His wonders to perform” are not so mysterious!

Jack Van Becelaere

No comments: