Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 20, 2016

Blessings
At the start of last year I began praying and reading first thing in the morning: the Bible, Living Water from a Deep Well and Tony Dungy's book – Uncommon Life. All three were daily readings.
I started praying for understanding of what I was reading and then a few specifics – two were miracles (former Associate Pastor Jack Mannschreck often said it's OK to pray for a miracle) so I have been. When I do I am reminded of a line from a country song (I like the version by Don Williams) "It might be hard for the devil to do, but it would be easy for You"
At the end of last year as I prepared to pray and read I looked at the Christmas tree and knew how good we have it. The tree and the wrapped gifts under it told me so. The family is well and doing fine and I realized I could not count my blessings – I don't know numbers that high. It shouldn't take writing a devotion to bring those thoughts to mind – and I am sure it won't from now on.
Jack Van Becelaere

No comments: