Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017

The Lord Is Always Near
“… The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:5-7

 
After my accident, I felt peace that I was in God’s hands and not alone. I was not afraid. A passing nurse came to the car to aid me. I was so grateful that my daughter was not severely hurt, and that no one in the van that hit us was hurt.

In the Trauma Center, the doctors assured me that I was blessed. The surgeon who would rebuild my right humerus and elbow was the best, and that this surgery was his favorite. After successful surgery, the dedicated hospital staff seemed to always be near if I needed help or to assist my children.

The Rehab Center was another blessing. Fellow residents were a gift providing new friendships and support. My family provided me with love, snacks, clean clothes, and support. One of my daughters brought me my prayer quilt, and it continued to cover me with your prayers and it still does today. Your cards, calls, and visits encouraged me and witnessed to God’s love.

As I learned to gain my balance so I could walk with a cane and get out of the wheel chair, I felt God’s presence and healing love. So many helped me exercise my arm and get it working again, including very skilled OTs. As I continue to heal, I am so thankful for God’s many blessings. God’s presence and peace does surpass all understanding. As the psalmist said, “Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will bring me safely through them,” in Psalm 138:7.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for your loving presence and assurance that you are with us. We are never alone. Help us to put our trust in you, and always keep our eyes on you. Help us not to be afraid, but to claim your promises and peace. Amen.

“For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13

Karen Bromley

No comments: