Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April 12, 2022

When I Needed You

“Contribute to the needs of God’s people, and welcome strangers into your home.” – Romans 12:13

Since I recently moved to Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan from Rochester, NY during COVID, I have been looking for a church and found you, Grosse Pointe United Methodist Church. I’ve missed my former church and visited several, but virtual is not the same as attending and meeting people. When actual attendance was allowed I visited the churches I saw online and then I found this one.

I give thanks to you every day because you welcomed me and invited me in to participate. I have met people of all ages. I especially want to give a shout out to Vivian Anderson who greeted me and informed/invited me to some events where I’ve met more of you.

At my age I have been blessed with good health, loving and helpful family nearby, and now a new church family. Blessings to all of you. You have contributed to my needs at a time of my life when I needed you. Thank you!!

Claire Welch

No comments: