Friday, April 08, 2022

April 8, 2022

Focus

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” – Psalm 19:14

I decided to begin 2022 with picking a word. My word has been FOCUS. One of the things I have chosen to focus on is memorizing scripture. I have tried this in the past without much success. What has seemed to change this time is my FOCUS on God while finding the appropriate scripture to memorize. Every morning I read the Holy Bible app’s verse of the day and the devotional that goes along with it. While focusing on God I am led to which verses God is speaking to me personally. This seems to be working and as of today I have memorized 15 verses.

The one that especially came to mind while writing this devotional was “Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”

This particular verse has led me in my conversations with others lately and what I let my self think about. If the Lord would not be pleased with my words or what I am thinking then I shouldn’t be saying it or thinking it. When I realize I am dwelling on the negative and the words of my mouth sound like my negative attitude, this scripture points me in God’s direction.

Lisa Sicklesteel

No comments: