Thursday, April 07, 2022

April 7, 2022

Is It Time Yet?

Read: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I hate Daylight Saving Time change. I suspect I'm not the only one, since every time it occurs there is a call to get rid of it, which never happens.

Our dog, Jax, is also not a fan. Jax's sense of time is the rhythm of his own body. He is also very “food focused.” As a result, when the clock changes, the following occurs. Jax finds me when he determines it is his dinner time (when his stomach says it should be). He gives me the “dog stare” (if you stare at the human long enough, you will get what you want). I tell Jax, “not yet, it's only 3:30, you eat at 4:30.” This sequence is repeated every 5 minutes until it is 4:30 or I give in, whichever comes first.

Our prayer life can be similar, when we keep “asking” God for something, and when it doesn't happen right away, misinterpreting the answer. God responds in His own time and way. Maybe the answer to our prayer is, “not yet.”

Prayer focus: dogs and what we can learn from them

Sue DeWitt

No comments: