Tuesday, April 05, 2022

April 5, 2022

UNCERTAINTY – Listen for God’s Voice

“Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” –
Hebrews 11:1

Have you ever had not one, but two or three or more issues looming in your future to be handled all at once? You almost feel like telling God – “Hold off – I have enough to know the only way I can face and handle all issues at once is to trust You!” This conundrum feeling usually occurs during the middle of the night for me which compounds the confusion and angst interrupting restorative sleep.

The Upper Room has always been beside my bed to be read upon waking in the morning. Lately, I changed the practice and started to read the Upper Room in the middle of the night during those fear times. God speaks to us in many ways, through the voice of friends, the written word, the beauty of music, gorgeous sunsets, and on and on, but lately for me during reading of the Upper Room in the middle of the night I find some peace. The mediation for the day has been ‘spot on’ calming my mind allowing sleep to return.

The midnight conundrums still occur but listening to God speak through the Upper Room does make them less disturbing.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for giving us peace by speaking to us through the written words of others.

Thought: Listen for and to God’s voice speaking to you.

Carolyn Barth

No comments: