Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 20, 2008

New Phone

Read John 14: 15-23

One of my Christmas presents last year was a new cellular phone. The good news is that THIS one doesn’t have a rotary dial. I can just press buttons on this one. The bad news is that it has a multitude of menus - - and each menu has a multitude of sub menus. With all those paths I can’t remember which one leads to what. Each time I go through a pathway to find something, I can’t remember which path I took the last time! This is a Christmas present and Christmas is about Christ so it seems I should be able to find a pathway to God.

That pathway doesn’t exist of course, but I thought back to Christmas Eve at Jacki’s house and Christmas Day and New Years Day at our house - when the whole family was together, and I realized God was smiling on us.

We all realize how blessed we are to have everyone close by. We keep in touch by phone (cellular and otherwise) like families which are separated, but fortunately we see each other during the week and on Sundays in church.

Jack Van Becelaere

No comments: