Friday, February 08, 2008

February 8, 2008

Christmas
Read Luke 2:10-11

I am sitting in the family service on Christmas Eve waiting for the children to finish passing out our party favors. As I sit here at Christmas, one of the most joyful times of the year I am reminded of something Heidi said to me one night in choir practice. She said that sometimes Christmas makes her sad because she knows the Christ child will grow up to die on the cross. But rather than feeling sad about this I am happy. Not that Christ had to die on the cross but that he did. That he sacrificed himself for us.

During Lent I am going to try and fill my heart with the joy I feel at Christmas. I will try to focus on the gift of love and eternal life that started on that cold dark night in Bethlehem, not on the cold dark days of Michigan winters.

Joy to the world the Lord is come!

Cathy Lorenz

No comments: