Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011

Life

Read: John 10:7-10

Send me LIFE and bill me later!  That's what it said on a magazine subscription card that came wit the magazine a neighbor gave me.  She also gave me the New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, National Geographic, and Reader's Digest.  I'm grateful to her for these gifts, for there is nothing like poring over magazines to speed one's return to health.

Send me Life and bill me later!  I wonder whether I can have life now, and “pay for it” later.

I've read that a person has three choices: to die, not to die, or to live.  There is a difference between not dying and living.  There's more to life than just being alive.  And I'm sure that in order to have real LIFE, I must “pay as I go.”  Not because there is some kind of bookkeeper in charge, and not because my credit isn't good, but because that is how life is.

In order to be really alive, I need to be involved with other people.  I need to be open to others and really listen to them.  And I need to share my thoughts and feelings.

I need to be open to God as well; to realize that I am surrounded by His love and care.

That's how to have life, and pay for it as I live it.

Glenn DeLodder

No comments: