Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19, 2011

By My Side

Read: Hebrews 13:1-3

While standing in Borders book store, perusing the game section, I noticed a slim volume lying on top of a row of books; obviously having nothing to do with games.  It was titled “May You Always Have an Angel by Your Side.”  I leafed through it, admiring the lovely pastel illustrations and gentle quotes and poems.  Immediately I wanted to gift a friend who was experiencing too many cloudy days.

The book was priced prohibitively at $16.95, but on the cover was slapped a $2.50 price tag!  I felt I was meant to buy this book.  Was it a coincidence that I was there and found the book by chance? Or was I meant to be the catalyst delivering it to someone in need of gentle words?  It doesn’t really matter.  It was a good thing.

The same week, a casual friend wished me save traveling, and “may the angels be with me.”  More angels!  In my world, angels are messengers of God’s love and of comfort and caring.  I think we all can experience angels among us.  Some are wonderful people who rise above the ordinary, giving unselfishly to others in need.  I think we each have an angel within us.  May we find our inner angel when we see someone in need of our special care.

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  John 20:29
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  Mark 12:31

Sarah Frakes

No comments: