Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

I Saw Jesus

Read: 2 Corinthians 5:16-17

We must be willing to give up what we are for what we can become …. 

I saw Jesus last week.  He was wearing blue jeans and an old shirt.  He was at the church building.  He was alone and working hard.  For just a minute, He looked a little like one of our members, but it was Jesus.  I could tell by His smile.

I saw Jesus last Sunday.  He was teaching a Bible class.  He didn’t talk real loud, or use long words, but you could tell He believed what He said.  For a minute, He looked like my Sunday School teacher, but it was Jesus.  I could tell by His loving voice.

I saw Jesus yesterday.  He was at the hospital, visiting a friend who was sick.  They prayed together quietly.  For just a minute, He looked like a man I see at church, but it was Jesus.  I could tell by the tears in His eyes.

I saw Jesus this morning.  He was in my kitchen making my breakfast, and fixing me a special lunch.  For just a minute, He looked like my Mom, but it was Jesus.  I could feel the love from His heart.

I see Jesus everywhere:  Taking food to the sick, welcoming others to His home, being friendly to a newcomer, and for a minute, I think He’s someone I know, but it’s always Jesus.  I can tell by the way He serves.

Maybe someone will see Jesus in you today.

- Anonymous

No comments: