Saturday, March 16, 2019

March 16, 2019

Time to Review?


A while ago I lost my cell phone. A thorough search of anywhere and everywhere turned up nothing. Calling the number and listening for the ringing of the phone was also no help. The loss of the phone was not a big concern – phones are easily replaced (and mine was). The real loss is the information on the phone.
Modern technology certainly has some blessings. At the AT&T store the tech (Kyle) used my Apple ID and password and as if by magic (and the iCloud) everything from the lost phone was on the new one. As I scrolled through things like phone numbers and doctor appointments and pictures, I thought it was like reviewing my life. How similar, I wondered, is this to (supposedly) seeing your life pass before you at judgment time? Will the good outweigh the bad? How many things will appear, good and bad, which you have no recollection of or did not attach importance to?
Realizing deeds count near the end of life does not mean there is no hope, it just means it is more important than ever to do what is right now and show repentance. We have a forgiving God! (but remember, He has no statute of limitations)


Jack Van Becelaere

No comments: