Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 17, 2019

Slightly Imperfect
.....but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5: 8
Today I received an email ad from a Christian on-line bookseller stating that they were having a special on “slightly imperfect” books and Bibles. I’ve purchased “slightly imperfect” books from the seller before, because it usually means a good deal discount on the price of the book or Bible. The on-line seller always explains the imperfect nature of the item (binding not perfectly sewn, overprint on cover design, creased pages, etc.). But, otherwise the item is perfectly usable and readable. The price is less due to the imperfections.
It started me thinking about my own “slight imperfections.” I can be selfish on occasion, irritable, impatient, or prideful. But, God who created me in His own image, a little lower than the angels, doesn’t view me as less valuable and doesn’t offer me salvation at a discount. I am completely valued as His child. And, just to show me how valuable I am, though “slightly imperfect,” he offered up his Son for my imperfections and the imperfections of the world. Let all of us continue going on to perfection, as John Wesley urged, knowing that even as “slightly imperfect,” we are loved all the way.

Mike Bernhardt

Prayer: Lord, guide us on the road to perfection in union with you in Heaven and continually remind us that though “slightly imperfect,” we are your loved children.


Prayer Focus: Those caring for loved ones

No comments: