Friday, March 29, 2019

March 29, 2019

Adversity
"My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. You know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested. But you must learn to endure everything, so that you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything." - James 1 2-4
I picked this verse because it has to do with adversity which is something I just learned about this year and went through a period in which God was testing my strength. At the time, I did not understand, but now when I look back, I have come to realize that what I went through has made me stronger and a much better person wanting to help people come to realize why we are put through tribulations and trials like we all do. Every time I talk to someone in our church, they talk about hard times for themselves or for someone close to them. I found some prayers on Adversity posted on www.postivechristianatity.org/adversity.php which I want to share a few of here for people to say in times of trouble. There are many more at this site but in order to keep this short I will write a few of my favorites which helped me get through this horribly hard time.
“Dear God, I pray that I understand what is going on now in my life. May I have Your higher Mind come through my human mind to give me insight. My human mind, dear God, is confused, and does not understand. I do no comprehend the reasons for the happenings and, God, I need to ask You, why? I know that You have the answer God, and I pray that I am given that answer. I pray that I can see from a higher vantage point.”
“This event is now past. It has no power over me. It no longer exists in my life. Only You hold power over my life, and I know You love me. I realize, God, that through my free will I am the one that has to make the decision to walk towards a brighter tomorrow. Therefore I dust off my feet of this unwanted experience and I willingly walk forward. Dear God, I ask for You to empower me as I move in positive directions in mind and in body. I pray for the insight to know when, and how, to make my journey towards Your good. I pray that You will give me understanding so that I can utilize the best traits in myself from the knowledge of studying the good and bad in those that have been in my life in this experience. I know that I can learn from the bad as well as the good.”
In Jesus Christ’s name, Amen.
Judy Wilcox

No comments: