Saturday, February 20, 2021

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Small Nudges

Examine me, O God, and know my mind; test me, and discover my thoughts. Find out if there is any evil in me and guide me in the everlasting way. - Psalm 139:23-24

2019 offered new opportunities, testing and challenges, a few of which really felt like God was testing me much more than felt comfortable, to say the least. However, when I reflect back, this testing did not come without some of His guidance. It did not appear so at times, but those ‘small nudges’ from God were there—through people, Upper Room readings, and other ‘small nudges’ out of the blue. Situations became manageable and I definitely felt Him guiding me. A sunrise slowed me down to meditate and take in its beauty. The words of friends gave me courage to deal with happenings at hand. A new practice of daily Bible readings gave me insight. The daily Upper Room readings were mysteriously right on target for whatever choice I had been concerned about that day, giving me peace to clearly access choices, and wisdom to choose the right one to the best of my ability.

Prayer: Dear Lord, we adore and thank you for those small nudges you give to all of us. May we take time to see them, be open to feeling them and applying them. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

Carolyn Barth

No comments: