Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Life Is a Song

Read: Psalm 40:1-10

There's a song "Hank Williams You Wrote My Life." I seem to be living a life of a line or two from song after song. Beginning with "Why me Lord, what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known?" to Johnny Cash's "I don't like it but I guess things happen that way.”

I'm living in Plan A. I thought I had plan A, but I was wrong. Mine was Plan B, but I didn't know it.
Fortunately for me, God’s Plan A included Patti Greenwell. After the 2019 Gospel Fest she had me repeat my performance in the church service the following June (which morphed into several more times in church).

Because of her faith in me, music has kept me sane (?) and somewhat fulfilled. God keeps me for reasons I don't understand. The Willie Nelson song of that name helps explain it. The words came down to him, "You're just a man and it's not for you to understand." I no longer wonder why I'm here. I figure it means there are things here for me to do. I have interpreted that to mean A, I should brighten at least one person's day every day, or B, I haven't finished atoning for my past. (A third option just popped into my head – when I'm gone, my kids will be orphans and who would adopt them?)
While I bide my time, music and people like Patti and Sara Wooton and the Stowells and the rest of the church family will see me through.

Jack van Becelaere

One final thought – Heaven must be a truly wonderful place if it is a step up from how I have it here.

No comments: