Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

In Awesome Wonder

Oh Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds thy hands have made….

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. – Lamentations 3:22-23

I watched the sunrise today. I reveled in the pale pastel dawn colors as I ran alongside the ice-covered lake. I noticed the tiny, furry buds coming on the bare tree branches with that gorgeous background. I considered the hope in my heart brought on by those tiny furry buds, while at the same time considering the sharp and jagged ice. Fierce and harsh conditions created the sparkling sharp peaks jutting from the surface of the lake.

Through all the layers I was wearing to keep from getting frostbite on this frigid morning, my heart felt bursting with warmth.

We walk through the harshness and the beauty of life all at the same time. It’s all there – the pain and hurt, disappointment and agony, alongside jaw dropping miracles every moment of each day. We are usually too busy to think of it this way.

On this morning I turned from the tree bud to see the orange ball of the sun emerging over the horizon, and yet another contrast filled my heart. I have traveled many places to see beautiful things, yet here is a remarkably stunning scene which I have jogged into, requiring no payments, flights, or travel.

My “ordinary” homeland is so extraordinary. How awesome to be held in the hands of our father, Lord of all of it.

Prayer: Dear God, thank you for your mercies that are new each day. Thank you for sleep to renew our bodies and minds, and for a chance to begin anew each day.
Thank you for holding us in your hands as we experience the contrast
s of life on Earth. Amen.

Sandy Cameron

No comments: