Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Always Present

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. – Psalm 46:1

Toward the end of a wonderful three-week vacation in Florida, my worry machine kicked in. Flying into the Tampa Airport, my God-child, Beth, and I had 3 suitcases, one walker, and ourselves to transport to the airport car rental area, two train rides from where we got off the plane. Fortunately, the attendant pushing my wheelchair helped with the trip to Avis. BUT, we found out there was no transport or wheelchair service from the Avis car drop off spot to the departure gate. As the return trip approached and many calls were made in vain to obtain help and directions, worry wheels began. But somehow, I felt peace and calmness the morning of the trip. As Beth pulled into the car rental drop off spot, a lady opened the car door and as Beth explained our plight, the lady said, “Get in the back seat, no problem, I will drive you to the departure drop off spot where you can get the help you need.”

This is a simple, but very real example of God’s constant presence in our lives. We do not need to ask for His help as our needs are known before we realize divine guidance is needed. I ask myself, “Why did I choose worry, instead of 100% trust in God from the beginning?”

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for your divine guidance even when we do not realize it is needed. May our strength in Your presence and guidance become stronger each day. Amen.

GOD IS OUR CONSTANT GUIDING STAR

Carolyn Barth

No comments: