Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

One Rock At A Time

Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20-21(NIV)

When I went to college my mother gave me a printed list of Bible verses to read when/if I faced certain problems. The above verse was first. I always thought of it as a huge leap of faith, but when I read the Feb 19, 2014 Upper Room, I saw another way to look at it.

It is about faith. But it also means you can be involved. You can help make that happen. The contributor said he saw it as "pushing a wheelbarrow and carrying a shovel – moving my mountain one rock at a time". We need strong faith, but we can also pick up a wheelbarrow and shovel.

Shirley Van Becelaere

No comments: