Friday, March 13, 2020

Friday, March 13, 2020

How Are You?

Read: Matthew 5:1-11

About 25 years ago, after I retired, I started helping sort donations to be sent to different departments at our church rummage sale.

That’s when I worked beside Shirley Van Becelaere, and we became such good friends, and had a great time working and laughing together.

A few years ago, Shirley wrote a devotional about a cashier who, after Shirley asked how she was, the cashier replied, “I’m Blessed.”

I’ve used that response so often since then. This may be a repeat of her devotional, but it deserves a repeat, especially to those who may not have read or used it.

The response you will hear is enlightening. People will respond, “So am I,” or “It’s so good to hear such a nice answer,” or “You made my day better with that answer.”

If you feel blessed, try it and see the response you get. It may surprise you.

Prayer: Father, thank you for all the blessings you have given me. When people ask me how I am, help me to remember to tell them “I’m blessed,” because I am! Amen.

Sara Wooton

No comments: